Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge // Review

Hello everyone!

I really believe that the tools and techniques you use to apply your foundation can make the world of difference. I've always used brushes, so a makeup sponge was a new concept to me. I knew I wanted to try this one because I've always loved Real Techniques - was I impressed with this? 

Here's my review of their Miracle Complexion Sponge!

A review of the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion makeup sponge!



The DETAILS

It's a 3 in 1 multi-functional sponge for applying base makeup.

It has rounded sides for blending on the larger areas of the face, a precision tip for covering blemishes & a flat edge for the contours around the eyes and nose.

It costs £5.99!

My THOUGHTS

As I mentioned, I'd always used brushes to apply my foundation & concealer so using a sponge was something entirely new to me. I wasn't sure if I'd get on with one, if it would be easy to get to grips with and if it would even make much of a difference to my usual buffing brush technique. And quite frankly also, I put off buying it because I thought; is a sponge really worth £6?

In short, yes.

It's super easy to use. You just run the sponge under water until it expands, squeeze it out then bounce your foundation onto your skin to create a very smooth, even base. It really blends product well to create a much softer finish - an almost blurred effect - than a brush can, from my experience. I also really like how fresh it feels when you dab it on. That's due to the cold water - no more heavy foundation feeling! For the areas you want more coverage and concealer, the pointed end comes into play. It still blends like a dream but it allows you to build coverage in a concentrated area. Plus, you never get any annoying brush streaks with this!

Honestly, I haven't used a brush to apply my base since I bought this.

A review of the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion makeup sponge!


Another thing I wondered about was keeping it clean. Although washing makeup brushes deserves the award for the most tedious task known to humankind, it's fairly simple - just use shampoo and water. I was unsure if the same method would apply to a sponge but thankfully so far it does! On the packaging it says to wash it every 1-3 uses. For me, I've found it pretty easy to get into the routine of washing it out after every use because it really doesn't take that long at all! Yet another reason why I haven't used a brush since discovering this little gem. It must be love!

It's available from Boots HERE and Feel Unique HERE.


Well I hope you enjoyed this post! I also hope you found it helpful if you're thinking about getting one of the Real Techniques makeup sponges. Get involved in the comments below and let me know if you've tried it!

What's your favourite way to apply foundation?

Thanks for reading,
Maeve
x

Share:

0 comments