Life without a smartphone

Hello everyone!

A few weeks ago, my phone stopped working. I love social media and staying connected but I decided instead of replacing it straight away, I'd challenge myself to go without having a smartphone for a while. I thought I'd share with you how I got on!

life without a smartphone what I learned pros cons emojis whatsapp facebook twitter snapchat social media

 The CONS 

I miss Instagram. I've still had access to the internet on my laptop but desktop Instagram can only get you so far. Not being able to update my profile with daily pics of what I'm eating or what nail polish I have on or what my cat looks like today is something I didn't think I'd miss so much!

I've also missed Snapchat and being able to see what everyone's up to via their stories!

What I feel I'm most lacking however, are emojis. You don't realise how much you value them until they're taken away from you & you can't express yourself fully by adding the cry laughter face to the end of a tweet! The struggle is real.

 The PROS 

When I get out of bed in the mornings, I go straight down for breakfast instead of feeling compelled to stay in bed until I've scrolled the whole way through my Instagram feed. I have to say, I do miss this but it gets my mornings off to a much better start!

I'm not constantly attached to social media like I used to be which means I've been spending more valuable time with my family.

I can still communicate with my friends via Facebook private mail and I've come to realise who really cares by who gets in touch that way when they notice I haven't responded to their texts/Whatsapp messages!

The CONCLUSION

All in all, I've surprised myself at how little I care about not having a phone. I don't think I could go without a smartphone forever (a girl can only go so long without emojis in her life) but I won't be rushing out to buy a new one with any urgency any time soon!


Well I hope you enjoyed this post - it's a bit different to my usual! Get involved in the comments below and let me know how long you think you'd be able to live without a smartphone!

What would you miss if you didn't have a phone?

Thanks for reading,
Maeve
x

Share:

0 comments