The Best Palette for Pale Skin! // Makeup Revolution

Hello everyone!

Fellow pale skinned girls, you'll know that the practicalities of contouring for us isn't the easiest. We struggle to find a foundation light enough for us and many contour shades are way too muddy & red-toned for us. *sighs*

When I spotted the Protection palette on the Makeup Revolution website it was like a prayer answered, finally an option pale enough for us in a handy do it all palette!

makeup revolution protection palette pale skin contour concealer blush highlighter powder guide to contouring affordable budget friendly review swatches

The DETAILS

The Protection palette contains 3 creamy concealers, a pressed powder, a contouring matte bronzer, a blusher and a highlight.

It contains a full size mirror in the lid.

It comes in 4 different shades; light, light medium, medium & medium dark.

It costs just £6!

makeup revolution protection palette pale skin contour concealer blush highlighter powder guide to contouring affordable budget friendly review swatches





My THOUGHTS & SWATCHES

I was looking for something to up my base makeup & contouring game and when I came across this I knew I had to try it!

The three concealers don't have the highest of coverage but I don't shun them for that. They have a very creamy consistency and blend out to a matte finish. All three shades come in handy - the top one is a great match for my pale skin, I like the middle one for very subtle cream contouring on my nose and as the bottom one is yellow toned I find it great for colour correcting & brightening those undereyes and inner corners that can be quite blue/dull!

makeup revolution protection palette pale skin contour concealer blush highlighter powder guide to contouring affordable budget friendly review swatches

makeup revolution protection palette pale skin contour concealer blush highlighter powder guide to contouring affordable budget friendly review swatches

The pressed powder is a fantastic addition to the palette! I didn't bother swatching it as it doesn't give any colour. It simply mattes excess shine but still allows radiance to come through without clinging to any dryness - vital criteria I look for in a powder! I do find it requires topping up after a number of hours but I don't find that to be a major problem.

makeup revolution protection palette pale skin contour concealer blush highlighter powder guide to contouring affordable budget friendly review swatches

makeup revolution protection palette pale skin contour concealer blush highlighter powder guide to contouring affordable budget friendly review swatches

The true stars in this palette are the bronzer, blusher and highlighter. Now, I'm pale and I don't try to cover that up with fake tan so bronzers are something I've always stayed away from. That was until I found this one! As you can see on the right, it blends beautifully and I love using it to warm up my complexion so I don't look quite so ghostly! I've also been experimenting with getting my contour on! My tip is to take some on your brush then dab away any excess on your hand as it's always easier to build up the colour rather than take it away if you're heavy handed. Just make sure you remember to wash your hands after!

makeup revolution protection palette pale skin contour concealer blush highlighter powder guide to contouring affordable budget friendly review swatches

This blush! It doesn't look all that exciting in the pan but once on the cheeks, it gives an incredibly natural perk up in the complexion department. I've been using this alternately with the Makeup Revolution Vivid Blush Lacquer I reviewed last week. I love them both and can't pick a favourite! I'd compare this to a pair of comfy sweatpants - not the fanciest but never lets you down. There's a very fine shimmer that helps with the look of glowiness that I adore. Ideal for pale skin!

makeup revolution protection palette pale skin contour concealer blush highlighter powder guide to contouring affordable budget friendly review swatches

Highlight has become an essential for me. This one is definitely my new fave - it's that gorgeous pinky champagne colour that flatters us pale girls so well. The powder has just the right amount of pigmentation and blends like a dream!

The Makeup Revolution Protection palette is available to buy here on the MUR website.


Overall, the Protection palette has become a truly invaluable part of my makeup routine and I can't recommend it highly enough! Get involved in the comments below and let me know what you think!

What are your favourite products for pale skin?

Thanks for reading,
Maeve
x

Share:

0 comments